Monday, October 14 – All day longgggg!
It has been a full year of orchestrated “gladiator fights” with no education, no programs, hunger strikes, lockdowns as long as 9 months, and next to no visitation for populations at CTF Soledad. As some of you might know, CDCr just admitted failure and stopped the “incremental release” (gladiator fight) program at the root of it all. While the program is reportedly being investigated by the Office of the Inspector General and cancelled, guards have been enacting group retaliation on whole segments with people wrongly thrown into administrative segregation (ad-seg), then people taken out of ad-seg but being placed on lockdown with no phone or visits, mail and JPay receipts not being delivered, and personal property being tampered with when people are coming out of the hole. A full list of grievances are also below, that you can refer to in your call. The system of petty and inhumane punishments must end! End group punishments!
- No PREA rep
- Two officers inappropriately patting down inmates and getting areaction from them to accuse inmate of “assault on staff”
- Why are they being deprived of title 15 while in Adminustrative Segregation
- Toilets in Adm.Seg do not work. Men given buckets to use as toilets. When was the last time the Adm seg wing was cleaned
- Men getting out off Adm Seg are on lockdown no yard, no visits, and over 40 days to get personal property in Adseg.
- Food Trays opened and food being served cold placed in unsanitary trays and small portions
- Why separating STG and Non STG
- STG illegally being labeled as such. Who reviews such and how do they go about labeling them as such
- Yard time is limited to a minimum of 3 hours per week
- Rusted and unsanitary clippers used for face and head *Some rows don’t even have clippers
- Property and mail deliberately and maliciously missing, lost, or delayed, inmate property is maliciously mixed up with other inmates given wrong property
- JPay receipts not being handed to inmates leaving them unaware if they have money for store or not
Background Article on Gladiator Fights at CTF Soledad
Oakland IWOC response to the CDCr announcement and spin
Call or email:
1. Warden Craig Koenig
(831) 678-3951 ext. 5950
2. Connie Gipson, Director, DAI
Other people to call:
Ralph Diaz, CDCR Secretary
Tami Falconer, Office of the Ombidsman
“Hi, I’m calling on behalf of the prisoners who have been subject to group retaliation in CTF Soledad. People inside have been subject to a range of dangerous to unsanitary conditions, from being thrown in the hole or placed on lockdown, to mail being deliberately and maliciously missing or lost. This is group punishment and directly related to the Incremental Release program in Central Valley facilities that has now been cancelled. In their statements, CDCr said it is committed to individualized treatment, so why is group punishment being put on whole segments? We want group punishments ended, everyone out of ad-seg immediately, visitation, phone, and mail fully restored, and programming restored. Thank you.”
You can report any feedback and information from your calls and emails in the comments section. Thank you so much!
[…] PHONEZAP! End lockdowns and group punishments at CTF Soledad! — Incarcerated Workers Organizing Co… […]